Hewlett Packard - Omnibook 6000
700 MHz Pentium III and 500 MHz Celeron
by Stephen Jones (April 28, 2000)
HP introduces two new laptops based on Intel's latest Pentium III and Celeron chips.
Thanks to SpeedStep technology, the higher-end 700 MHz Pentium III model acts like a high-powered desktop when plugged-in to a wall outlet but automatically throttles-down to 500 MHz when unplugged to conserve battery power.
The more affordable, Celeron-based laptop lacks the SpeedStep capability but still offers impressive 550 MHz performance.
- magnesium cover, "titanium blue"
- 700 MHz Pentium III or 550 MHz Celeron
- 64 or 128 Mbytes (expandable to 512 MB)
- 5 to 18 GBytes hard drive
- 15- or 14.1-inch XGA TFT display
- ATI Mobility 3D 2X AGP w/ 4 or 8 MB
- 56Kbps modem
- Ethernet 10/100
- USB, video out
- 5.0 to 6.3 lbs
Vendor's site: HP Omnibook
© 2006 Stephen Jones All rights reserved.